The cryptocurrency cooled on Wednesday, with most major cryptocurrencies trading down less than 1 procent on the day. Here&rsquo,s a look at some of the headlines that were moving the cryptocurrency market today &mdash, and which currencies were on the stir.
It&rsquo,s a headline that has become all-too-familiar ter the cryptocurrency world: another cryptocurrency exchange wasgoed hacked, this time ter South Korea. Bithumb says at least $30 million of coins were stolen from its exchange, one of the busiest ter the country. Earlier this month, Cybersecurity hard Doorslag Black estimated that about $1.1 billion ter cryptocurrencies have bot stolen so far ter .
Cryptocurrency hard Tether has released documents from law hard Freeh, Sporkin & Sullivan LLP that attests that Tether had enough U.S. dollar reserves to back all of its potencial currency spil of the beginning of June. The report comes a week after researchers from the University of Texas found that Tether may have bot used to artificially inflate the price of bitcoin during its large rise.
Bitcoin critic and Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS) CEO Lloyd Blankfein told the Economic Club of Fresh York that bitcoin is &ldquo,not for mij.&rdquo, Blankfein confirmed he doesn&rsquo,t own any bitcoin, but conceded it would be &ldquo,too pedant&rdquo, to entirely dismiss the possibility of a mainstream impasible cryptocurrency at some point te the future.
The Bitcoin Investment Trust (OTC: GBTC) traded at $Ten.96, down 0.Trio procent.
Here&rsquo,s how several top crypto investments fared Monday. Prices are spil of Three:45 p.m. ET and reflect the previous 24 hours.
- Bitcoin gained 0.Four procent to $6,782,
- Ethereum gained 0.Three procent to $536,
- Ripple declined 0.Five procent to 54 cents,
- Bitcoin Contant declined 0.6 procent to $889,
- EOS declined 0.8 procent to $Ten.53.
The three cryptocurrencies with at least $1-million market caps that have made the fattest gains overheen the past 24 hours are:
- Juices: $1.3-million market cap, 194.9-percent build up.
- Fantomcoin: $1.2-million market cap, 84.3-percent build up.
- Carboncoin: $Two.0-million market cap, 79.1-percent build up.
The three cryptocurrencies zevenklapper hardest te the past 24 hours were:
- LiteDoge: $1.1-million market cap, 42.0-percent decline.
- BunnyCoin: $1.5-million market cap, 31.6-percent decline.
- KiloCoin: $Four.7-million market cap, 27.6-percent decline.